About JCI Santa Clarita
We provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
Who are we?
JCI Santa Clarita is the premier membership-based nonprofit organization of young active citizens between the ages of 21 to 40 dedicated to creating positive change in our community. To do that, we believe we must not only work to improve the world around us, but we must also improve ourselves.
Jaycees, as individual and collective members are known, come from all walks of life. Jaycees are students, professionals, philanthropists, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and friends, but best of all, we are a community within our selves, working to not only impact our world, but help prop each other up to get that next promotion, move homes, and most of all grow as individuals.
What do we do?
Jaycees take ownership of our communities by identifying problems and creating targeted solutions to create an impact. Some examples are the following projects and events:
- The Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund & Fight It! 5k (underline links to page in Events)
- Santa’s Helpers (underline links to page in Events)
- 40 under Forty (underline links to page in Events)
- Politics on Tap (underline links to page in Events)
We help other Jaycees develop professionally and as an individual through training, lectures, and real life opportunities.
We love to have fun! From our monthly socials (underline links to page in Events) to luaus and barbeques.
Our Mission Statement
To provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
Who is Junior Chamber International (JCI)?
Our global organization of nearly 200,000 young active citizens grew out of the vision of one man more than 90 years ago as a constructive approach to civic problems. Henry Giessenbier, Jr. decided to take responsibility for the progress and welfare of his community by helping tackle difficult problems around him. Together with 32 other young men, Giessenbier established JCI’s first Local Organization, in St. Louis, USA, in 1915. The members of the first Local Organization dedicated themselves to bringing about community improvements and empowering young people to create positive change.
By 1944, the movement had spread through eight countries. When delegates from these countries met in Mexico City at the Inter-American Conference that year, they agreed it was time to officially form Junior Chamber International. This deep-rooted tradition of bringing together active citizens from diverse backgrounds remains alive today in our international events. They fuel the JCI movement and lay the groundwork to create positive change that transcends boundaries.
JCI Santa Clarita History
- 1998 – Founded by local community leaders including: Theresa Stern, Sharon Bronson, and Councilman Cameron Smyth.
- 1999 – 1st Santa’s Helpers event (underline links to page in Events)
- 2002 – 1st BMFC Fight It! Event (underline links to page in Events)
- 2005 – JCI Santa Clarita is awarded #1 Chapter in California
- 2006 – JCI Santa Clarita is awarded #1 Chapter in the USA
- 2007 – JCI Santa Clarita is awarded #1 Chapter in the USA – BACK TO BACK WINNER
- 2009 – 1st 40 Under Forty event (underline links to page in Events)
- 2015 – Santa’s Helpers (underline links to page in Events) has the largest group yet, helping over 350 kids